President : Simone Beck
Secretary General : Catherine Decker
UNESCO Site Manager : Robert Philippart
Adress : Ministère de la Culture 4, blv. Roosevelt L-2450 Luxembourg
Phone : (+352) 247-76620
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Luxembourg Commission for Cooperation with UNESCO is part of a global network and its mission is to promote UNESCO's objectives, programmes and actions in Luxembourg. These commissions aim to associate government bodies, public and private institutions, the university and schools sector and NGOs with UNESCO projects concerning culture, science, education and communication.
This advisory body was attached to the Ministry of Culture in 2001. The present commission was created by the Grand-Ducal regulation of 12 December 2014.
The Luxembourg Commission for Cooperation with UNESCO is composed of representatives from the following institutions and organizations :
- Ministry of Culture
- The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs
- Ministry of National Education, Childhood and Youth
- The Ministry of Higher Education and Research
- The Department of the Environment of the Ministry for Sustainable Development and Infrastructures
- The National Youth Service
- The University of Luxembourg
- The National Press Council
- The National Women's Council
- The General Luxembourg Youth Conference
- The Advisory Committee on Human Rights
- The National Commission on Ethics
- The Cooperative Circle for development NGOs
- The Superior Council for Sports
as well as experts and representatives from the fields of education, science, culture, communication and tourism.